In order to create a safe and accessible space for all Royal Academy of Bhangra (RAB) students, staff and volunteers, the following information must be read and understood. Everyone associated with the organization must adhere to these policies. If these rules and policies are not strictly adhered to, Royal Academy of Bhangra has the right to terminate the enrollment of the student without refund.
Registration Fee of $100 is charged annually. The registration and first month’s class fees are required with the registration form to reserve class space. The Registration fee covers the cost of a RAB T-Shirt, water bottle, annual event, costumes and accessories the child will need to perform along with a $10.00 membership fee which includes:
- Voting rights at any General Meeting and the Annual General Meeting
- Newsletter updates on all the RAB projects
- Access to early bird tickets for RAB events
Class fees are due on the 1st of every month and tuition remains the same regardless of class attendance. A $10.00 charge will be applied to accounts not paid by the 7th and $25.00 for returned cheques.
- Class fees are due on the 1st of every month.
- A late fee of $10.00 will be applied to accounts not paid by the 7th of each month
- Class fees can be paid by cash, credit card, cheque or void cheque for direct debit
- Cheques should be made payable to Royal Academy of Bhangra. There is a $25 fee applied on all returned cheques.
- Tuition remains the same regardless of attendance by the student for the month.
Royal Academy of Bhangra does not carry medical insurance for its students. It is required that all students be covered by their own family insurance policies and if injury occurs, it is understood that the students own policy is your only source of reimbursement.
Royal Academy of Bhangra recognizes all statutory holidays and will be closed. For bad weather conditions, Royal Academy of Bhangra will cancel classes to ensure the safety of its members and staff. A text message and phone call will go out. Please check our social media platforms (Facebook and twitter) for notifications or call the dance studio for any questions or concerns.
We are committed to the success of all our students. In order to ensure that you get the full benefits from the programming offered at Royal Academy of Bhangra, we have a strict attendance policy that all registrants are required to adhere to.
For the Bhangra, Giddha and Music classes, the student’s attendance not only affects their personal growth, but that of the entire class, as this is an interactive and group initiative.
- If a student is unable to attend class, they are required to notify the academy prior to start of class.
- If the student misses or is late for more than 3 consecutive classes, Royal Academy of Bhangra will request a meeting.
- If the student continues to be late and miss classes, Royal Academy of Bhangra can terminate the registration without refund.
- All students must wear comfortable and appropriate clothing that allows for easy movement
- No tank tops, sleeveless shirts, mesh tops, midriff revealing tops, short shorts, skirts or dresses
- All students and participants will be required to take off all footwear and socks for the classes
- No jewelry or restrictive accessories
- Students will come to class on time and prepared to participate
- Students and Parents will respect other participants, staff and volunteers
- Students and Parents will uphold Royal Academy of Bhangra values and mission statement
- Only students registered to participate in the class should be in the studio
- No food or drink is allowed in the studio, unless approved by Royal Academy of Bhangra staff or volunteers
- Chewing gum is not allowed during dance practice
- Any injuries or incidents will be reported to the Royal Academy of Bhangra staff or volunteer